Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-03 06:16:03

RobGee

Navigate Emu sampler from your PC keyboard

Here is an application called e-remote which lets you navigate the Emu Sampler from your PC's keyboard. I've using been using it for many years. I've uploaded the zip, there is also an HTM manual included.

You need the Emu connected to midi in and out on your interface for it to work. Much prefer it to the DWAM, which I have also, as you can control the Emu and PC using the same keyboard.

From the HTM file:-

E-Remote is a small program designed to carry out some useful functions on EMU E4 samplers (i.e. E5000 / E6400 / E4XT / E4 Platinum):

You can navigate the sampler and name Presets/Samples etc using your PC keyboard. The program works by sending "peptalk" messages over MIDI. It is similar in function to EOSLink apart from EOSLink uses SCSI and retreives screenshots whereas E-Remote works over MIDI and doesn't get the screenshots so its faster. E-Remote also handles more keys and all symbols.

New functions in this release include the ability to copy voice settings (grouped by page) to one or more other voices, and a flush unused samples function.

http://www.dogsonacid.com/attachments/e … ip.130517/

Last edited by RobGee (2016-04-03 06:16:55)

#2 2016-04-03 14:22:06

alien_brain

Re: Navigate Emu sampler from your PC keyboard

kick ass bro, why dont you upload as attachment so it will be archived

#3 2016-04-04 22:33:00

RobGee

alien_brain wrote:

kick ass bro, why dont you upload as attachment so it will be archived

I couldn't see the option here to upload as an attachment, which is why I linked to it. Maybe I'm blind or don't have the privileges?

#4 2016-04-05 06:12:05

alien_brain

i think you may be onto something by golly

#5 2018-03-11 04:23:17

linelevel

Has anyone had crashing issues using e-remote to control the sampler via keyboard in windows 10? When I fire up the .exe I can change keyboard midi IN, sampler midi IN and sampler midi OUT fields then it crashes and I have to use task manager to reboot. Also get a weird blue screen error I've never seen before.

#6 2018-04-01 07:29:36

RobGee

linelevel wrote:

Has anyone had crashing issues using e-remote to control the sampler via keyboard in windows 10? When I fire up the .exe I can change keyboard midi IN, sampler midi IN and sampler midi OUT fields then it crashes and I have to use task manager to reboot. Also get a weird blue screen error I've never seen before.

I’ve never had any problems like that, I’m currently using Windows 7 and have been using this for many years without issue. Your computer doesn’t sound like it’s in a good way...

#7 2018-04-01 23:41:53

lame_turtle

Btw, it does work on High Sierra with a wrapper (I use crossover), simple wineskin or bottler would work I guess.

#8 2018-04-23 08:45:19

linelevel

Ok cheers. My pc is fresh as a daisy and clean as a babys... I doubt it's that. I had midi in and out connected between emu and interface (m-audio fast track ultra) as advised but it just shits itself. I'll try it on a W7 install and see what happens.

In the meantime got a lend of an E4XT with ascii input so problem sorted for now.

#9 2018-04-25 13:41:55

linelevel

Hey Rob

Am I set up correctly? Using my friends E4XT I can now assign my M-Audio interface to all 3 fields in eRemote - Keyboard MIDI In, Sampler MIDI In, Sampler MIDI Out - and press keys/move my mouse without it crashing so that's better than before. However nothing is happening on the sampler? I have MIDI mode on the EMU set as follows;

Basic Channel - 1
MIDI mode - Omni (have tried all 3)
MIDI Device ID - 0 (matches device ID on eRemote)

MIDI Out on M-Audio plugged into MIDI In on the EMU, MIDI In on M-AUDIO into MIDI Out on EMU, nothing plugged into MIDI Thru on EMU - is this correct?

Cheers for any advice

#10 2019-10-24 12:24:53

medway

Anyway to get this to work with shortcuts too? Some of my buttons are double hitting so would be great to enter the modes with this instead.

EDIT: nevermind just realized the F keys do that icon_smile

Last edited by medway (2019-10-28 13:42:44)

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer