Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-27 20:33:06

dmtsymphony

E4K - sample transfer

Please forgive me if this has been discussed to death on here, but I cant seem to find a thread that deals with my question specifically. I was practically given an E4K - the giant keyboard one, yes. I owned one in the 90's and was able to send samples to it from recycle and peak using SCSI. Obviously that is no longer an option for me, as I am using a macbook Pro. So what I want to know is, is it absolutely impossible to send samples over to the sampler from the computer? I have heard the Castlewood USB-SCSI cable might work....but its almost 200 dollars. Can someone guide me on this or just dash my hopes on the rocks? Im looking for a solution.....

#2 2018-02-05 19:42:45

Finn

Re: E4K - sample transfer

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have an ESI-4000 that I am looking to dust off and use again. Used to have a old PC with a SCSI card. Now I only have laptops so looking for a USB-SCSI option. I have a Windows XP laptop that might be a suitable match, but there are so many conflicting reports of which USB to SCSI adapters work!

There are quite a few on ebay at the moment, but they are all very pricey!
Adaptec USBXchange
Castlewood
SCM/Microtech

They all sound viable, but there are some vague comments that the voltages on the Adaptec might be wrong?

Anyone got any advice?

Can anyone post what combinations that they have got working?

Cheers,
Finn

#3 2018-02-10 09:27:46

Re: E4K - sample transfer

Hey dmtsymphony, SCSI2SD + Chicken Sys translator is pricey, but a very good combo for bulk transfert

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer