Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-02 15:32:56

encoder

Rack ear screw

Hi Guys,

Ok, it seems it is very common that used E-mu gear doesn't have the rack ears.
But.
It is more frustrating when you have the ears, but don't have the screws for them.
Could somebody tell me the size of the screws?
I've alread spent around 30Eur for different screws, without luck...

#2 2016-12-18 11:03:11

Stash

Re: Rack ear screw

found this on Gear Slutz...

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro … -gear.html

"I have some info regarding E-MU E4 series samplers and their ears, and since I couldn't find this information anywhere on teh interwebs, I thought I'd post it here so someone else doesn't to guess what hardware they need.

I finally tracked down some rack ears for my 6400 Ultra, but didn't receive all the screws required to fasten to the body of the sampler.

I picked up some new stainless steel screws, hopefully stronger than the generic zinc plated ones (maybe) and won't cause any unwanted corrosion with the metal body of the sampler (galvanic corrosion, probably only if I use the sampler immersed in salt water or something.

(4) screws 8-32 3/8" long per rack ear
(4) split washers per rack ear

I'd say only about 3-4 threads bite into the internal frame of the sampler, and it required a bit more forward force (to compress the split washer) before the first thread would bite.
I believe the original screws had an captured locking washer (the ones that are * shaped). Of the 4 that came with my rack ears, 3 were pretty much stripped to the point of being useless."

#3 2016-12-22 01:34:30

drayon

The screws are called SEMS Screws  size 8-32 x 3/8" long UNC, they are a Pan Head with a Phillips drive. Some vendors may have them in the category of Machine Screws.
The washers are External Tooth lockwashers, the finish is black oxide. These are American.

I ordered some from Marco Specialities www.marcospec.com

#4 2018-06-01 08:27:02

encoder

Sorry to resurrecting this old thread.
My baby has been sitting on top of my rack, now, I have to insert it inside the rack somehow.
I'll try again, I've ordered these :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-32-x3-8-Inch … 1438.l2649

Plan B is to pack the unit, drop into the car and bring it to the shop where I usually buy screws.
Yolu may think, I should've done this earlier, but I'm from Europe, the Emu is from the States...we're not compatible icon_biggrin:D:D

#5 2018-06-20 16:15:04

encoder

Update : yeah, I can confirm, for those guys from the future, who gonna ready this 10 years from now icon_biggrin
8-32-x3-8" is what you need, 8 pieces!

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer