Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-04 09:45:26

lameturtlez

Service Manual

Hello,

I'm looking for a service manual for 6400ultra and the expansions for a long time now. Actually any service manual (5k,e4,esynth etc) would be of great use. Well best case would be schematics, especially for dwam, adat or even rfx icon_razz, but I guess this is impossible.
Anyway if anyone has any info please share with me, I try to work with and improve these samplers but without these info is like working blinded.

Thanks icon_smile

#2 2017-06-04 10:15:29

philtipping
Administrator

Re: Service Manual

There's a load of docs on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/EMUEIVMachines/files/    if you scroll down, the service info is called Eos.Technical.Documents - there are circuit diagrams etc.

#3 2017-06-04 10:32:27

lameturtlez

I did create a facebook to access the file but all I get is Sorry, this content isn't available right now.

#4 2017-06-04 10:37:14

lameturtlez

I did find the document you mention online though. So if this is the only one they have then I'm good to go icon_smile thank you very much.

#5 2017-06-04 10:59:07

lameturtlez

Ok, This manual is really great I have to admit.
So here is the question, I plan to clone an expansion board from these manuals (let's say dwam for example icon_razz), Is it ok to clone it for some of you guys if interested or is it legally problematic ?

#6 2017-06-04 17:28:25

CF3

The only time it becomes "legally problematic" is when you start accepting money for someone else's IP and they find out about it. Creative owns all of the E-MU catalogue at this point (maybe Dave Rossum still retains the rights to some stuff?). Besides the obvious pitfalls associated with that, not sure what the demand would be? I've got a DWAM myself. Would it be cheaper than ones you can buy on eBay?

Now, if you could clone the RFX-32 card and get rid of the bugs.... I'd pay handsomely for that! Or even rewrite EOS to add features, that'd be impressive.

Last edited by CF3 (2017-06-04 17:30:47)

#7 2017-06-04 22:32:36

lameturtlez

Well actually under further investigation, every single board has a custom logic,fpga or whatever with custom code running on it .. even the dwam . So I guess nothing can be done without having the hardware and reverse engineering some things, even then maybe still impossible. RFX-32 would be out of the question anyway though with a custom dsp.A custom os would be the most feasible choice I guess, but my knowledge stops on hardware .

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer