Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-10 06:37:31

Rockman Rock

replacement floppy drive

Hello, I think I might need a new drive for my e4xt every time I try to save anything it won't work and every time I try to flash an update it gives me this error.

gsTxAin.jpg?1

I've tried 4 other drives but all they do is the green light comes on and stays on.

#2 2018-08-14 10:14:50

Olaf_Oldschool

Re: replacement floppy drive

Rockman Rock wrote:

I've tried 4 other drives but all they do is the green light comes on and stays on.

Hi,

this ist just an idea but what you're describing reminds me on assembling a new computer in the earliers days.
Have you verified the correct possition of the ribbon cable and at least Pin 1 ?
I can slightly remeber that a wrong position will result in exactly what you're describing.

Regards

Olaf

#3 2018-11-14 15:58:12

Olaf_Oldschool

Will you be so kind an tell me/us if you fixed the problem?

#4 2018-11-15 18:20:39

override

It is possible that the drive is dead or maybe you just have a bad connection on the ribbon cable as Olaf suggested. However, if you don't use your floppy drive you can short Pin 33 & 34 of the floppy connector with a jumper and the OS will just ignore the floppy from here on. You won't be able to use the drive though.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer