Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-05 16:20:49

tapehead

Sampler as a synth

How much can you go in forcing your sampler to work as a synth. Im pretty new to using hardware samplers, and i have a LOT to learn. But sometimes i get better reslult from sampling longer synth sound then searching for a perfect loop points, and sometime i just try to add nice little short waveforms and loop them, layering them and playing with that.

#2 2014-11-17 23:03:11

alien_brain

Re: Sampler as a synth

single cycle waveforms, filter/amp manipulation, layering, modulating layers, effecting etc.  all part of making sweet synth like sounds using samplers.  its all context.  some can say its cheating or whatever.  patch building is patch building.  i love the sound of skillfully created synthy sampler patches.

#3 2014-11-18 17:17:17

tapehead

Is there any "magical" lenght that sounds good? I loaded a bunch of waldorf waveforms, and it sounds like junk looped. Not total junk, but playing a single note is ok, adding more creates oscillations that sound like garbage icon_biggrin

#4 2014-11-18 21:48:50

alien_brain

well youre doing it wrong i guess.  im able to take waveforms from the adventure kid collection for example and make them sound pretty good!  of course im not aware of your expectations or hardware so your mileage may vary.

#5 2014-11-19 09:41:12

tapehead

AKWF i managed to use and set up really good. Waldorf and PPG ones are giving me meh results. I have s3000xl, waiting for another 16 mb ram and thinking what to do with its storage...

#6 2014-11-19 17:16:48

alien_brain

i have an akai s3200 and an emu e4xt ultra and several mpcs etc.  i think samplers with interesting filters are more adept at handing single cycle waveforms

#7 2014-11-19 19:14:22

tapehead

I would loved if i got a fx board inside, but alas, i got it blank. Pretty cheap tho. Pretty much limited, but i am starting to bring something up from that limitations. I recorded a synth orchestra strings instrument from fasttracker, got it sounding really nice, lo fi black metal blanket x) and floppy died, now i forgot what i used and how i did keygrouping, should at least wrote it down...

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer