Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-31 15:59:08

philtipping
Administrator

New forum

Good work guys on setting this up so quickly.

#2 2014-10-31 17:07:11

Discarga
Administrator

Re: New forum

Thanks for registering icon_wink

#3 2014-10-31 19:47:45

MLT

Hi guys,

Fingers crossed this takes off.

#4 2014-10-31 20:45:47

DUBTEMPLE

Greetz ,.. yes good work ,.. and quick :-)

Discarga: you asked on FB for suggestions to the struckture of the forum.

Fine that various brands are represented, but I suggest at least one category
called something like "common sampler topics", as there is so much that all
brands and platforms more or less have in common, such as: (1) the basic of
building instruments, keygroups, crossfade, etc (2) using envelopes, filters,
modulation (3) effects (4) editors (5) libs (6) backup "just to mention a few"

It would be natural to have one or more seperate departments for such stuff
since foremost it's not realy brand-specific but somthing everyone could use
and learn from, despite their platform,..

F.eks. if I wanted to discuss something like velocity-crossfade in general, it
would likely not make much sence to post it specifickly in the E-mu section,
since the chance getting help/answer in a common section might be better
simply as there would likely be more members looking there

best wishes /HM

#5 2014-11-01 13:37:05

Discarga
Administrator

hey /HM

Thank you very much for the input, I have now added a "General Sampler Knowledge" category with 3 forums in it. Have a look and tell me if you think the sub-categories are well chosen.

What you suggest makes a lot of sense. I propose that we keep the categories for all the major brands, so technical stuff which is specific to machines can go there, the rest can be discussed in the GSK section.

Discarga / Chris

#6 2014-11-01 16:41:52

DUBTEMPLE

Hi Chris

I think the sub-catagories are fine, it's always hard to decide when deviding things this way, and no matter how it's done somthing will fall "in the middle", but to me it looks fine right now,..

Also one could argue "why not a catagory for soft-samplers", but then again, obviously one could just post under "Other Samplers", (presuming this is a hardware-sampler site foremost)

#7 2014-11-03 11:05:04

Discarga
Administrator

icon_wink Are soft-samplers real samplers?

Just kidding. I tried to put a focus on what is interesting while selecting the categories, of course some ppl might think it's biased. IMO, this forum should be mostly about hardware samplers. Of course Giga can be discussed as well, but I suppose "other" as category will fit this just fine.

This of course is a personal opinion, as different people might have a very different idea why using hardware samplers is cool. For me, the DAC/ADC part and the other analog circuitry in the beloved machines is very important. I do use UAD and other plug-ins, but my main motivation is to get "out of the box" as much as possible.

I just got inspired, want to start a thread "What is your motivation to use hardware samplers?". Hehe icon_wink

#8 2014-11-05 08:06:33

philtipping
Administrator

Is it possible to edit the legacy emusonacid pages to hide fields which no longer work, such as:
the login page
the login field on the board index page
the search boxes on all pages

Can a link be added on the board index page to jump back to the new forum?

Spam posts appearing in The Basics on new forum?

#9 2014-11-05 21:14:59

monsterjazzlicks

Hi folks,

Paul Seaman here from the 'old' site.  Fellow member Phil Tipping kindly informed me of the newly updated EOS site.  And it looks very elegant indeed.

I wondered if you might consider adding a thread entitled "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" (or similar) for newbies or long lost members (this would be more suited being created by an Administrator than a regular member [I think]).

And is it possible to 'Add as Friend/Foe' (members on the site to your Address book)?  Or has this facility been deactivated?

Really appreciate the re-opening of this site!

I have posted a thread (announcement) on the Steinberg and Yamaha DX forums I frequent to try an drum up some new recruits.  Unfortunately, I don't use (or like!) FaceBook and so I will leave that one to anybody else who is a part of that field...

Best,

Paul

Last edited by monsterjazzlicks (2014-11-05 22:34:13)

#10 2014-11-07 13:20:39

Discarga
Administrator

Thanks Paul for spreading the word.

As some might have noticed, I had to fight some spambots, but now the situation should be improved. It won't be too hard to protect the forum against machines, we'll see. If a real user has been deleted due to my massive cleanup activity, my apologies. Please just re-register.

So far I have implemented a honeypot and e-mail verification. Let's see if this is enough, else I will add a captcha.

@philtipping: It is almost impossible to hide anything on the legacy emus on acid backup, as it is now down to raw string processing. The backup consists of over 32k html files. Unless you are a die hard perl script-ace doing it since the 90ties, this is really hard work. For now, you'll have to accept this dead body walking corpse forum as is, i guess.

#11 2014-11-08 14:13:57

philtipping
Administrator

Ok Discarga, understood. I might be able to help - string processing & bulk editing used to be my cup of tea... since the 90's icon_smile
Email me if you want to discuss further.

#12 2014-11-09 10:56:49

Discarga
Administrator

Wow Phil, that's great, an offer I cannot refuse icon_wink. I'll send you the zip file with all the stuff that is currently online, so you can work from there.

#13 2014-11-11 01:33:48

monsterjazzlicks

Hi Discargo,

Discarga wrote:

Thanks Paul for spreading the word.

As some might have noticed, I had to fight some spambots, but now the situation should be improved. It won't be too hard to protect the forum against machines, we'll see. If a real user has been deleted due to my massive cleanup activity, my apologies. Please just re-register.

I mainly frequent the Steinberg Cubase Forum and the Yamaha DX (FM) Forum these days. My head has been buried in the DX7 manual(s) and programing for over a year now.  So I have been progressing in this particular area and posting my self-made-creations on SoundCloud etc.

But I do hope this site works out and I must say I really do like the bright/clear new look it has.  Nice big and easy to read text format etc.  It makes it so much easier when you are writing/reading with a WHITE background!

I have not been very active on the EMU this year but I would like to make some musical contributions at some point to this site.

A couple of question (please) if you don't mind :-

Is it possible to turn on/off your SIGNATURE at will?  For instance, so you can just have it at the START of a thread (or in your FIRST reply) and then OFF for the remainder of posts.  Or is it only the option on On/Off period?  On some sites, when you leave your reply you are given the choice of including your signature (just in that SPECIFIC reply, rather than overall via your 'User Control Panel').

Do you only get one chance to SUBSCRIBE to a thread (ie when you submit your first post/reply)?  It seems (I think) that if you make an initial reply and do not subscribe to a thread, then if you make another post (in the same thread) and change your mind (ie you decide you want to subscribe) then you are not given the option to?

Best,

Paul

Last edited by monsterjazzlicks (2014-11-11 10:45:10)

#14 2014-11-15 16:54:35

alien_brain

thank you so much for setting this up!  i was really feeling the lack of the old site since i just picked up an e4xt ultra.

cheers!

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer