Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-17 22:37:51

tapehead

Help me with setting up

I have behrigner umx61, and would like to use akai and roland d110 ( mainly as a backing to akai, to synthesise more longer notes and drones ). Im totaly lost as to how to set up. I understand i must use midi through, but what are some specific machine settings that i should be aware of.

#2 2014-11-26 10:36:24

Discarga
Administrator

Re: Help me with setting up

You will most certainly need to learn the very basics of a simple midi setup. But don't worry, it's really not difficult, millions have done it before icon_wink.

Anyhow, Midi-keyboard goes into computer, Midi Out keyboard to Midi In comp (or USB nowadays, same thing in the end), computer runs a decent sequencer software, Midi Out computer to Midi In first synth/sampler, Midi Thru first synth/sampler to Midi In second synth/sampler (and so on). Synths/samplers usually run in Multi Mode in such a setting, channels need to be assigned to a certain midi channel, which is corresponding to the midi channel setting in the sequencer of a given track.

There are thousands of more in depth tutorials all over the web. Good luck

#3 2014-11-26 21:33:25

tapehead

I was thinking of setting up for playing live, no computer icon_smile When i used to play guitar, it was pretty simple. Guitar > pedals > amp and done. With keyboards, synths and samplers, once you start to think " i could do this ", i kinda get lost. Not to think of how did those guys did it way back in nineties ( nine inch nails 94 setup was wicked, but sadly i cant get more info ). Im trying to get away from PC, and use hardware more.

#4 2014-11-27 06:07:48

alien_brain

start thinking rack sampler and mpc combo

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer