Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-16 19:21:47

studiollama

Newbie sampler questions

Greetings forum

OK, so I have edited my first post as I have spent a good evening with the manual and things are starting to become clearer, so, I'll just say hi and introduce myself and say thanks to everyone involved in resurrecting the emusonacid forum and starting this new one, good job!

I just bought an Emu Ultra E6400 with removable hard drive and 128mb RAM. So far I'm loving it, sounds great. I mainly bought it with the view to create sounds/sound design and sample mangling, as crazy as I can get with it. I am only beginning to get my head round the dark arts of sampling but I feel it will likely do much more than I can imagine at this point.

Gareth

Last edited by studiollama (2014-11-17 03:35:06)

#2 2014-11-17 12:27:44

philtipping
Administrator

Re: Newbie sampler questions

Welcome Gareth. Well done for having a go with the manual icon_wink The 400+ pages are a daunting prospect first time round, but it's a useful resource as you chip away at the zillions of features. I'm still learning & refer to it even several years later. The trick is to not to get too swamped - just read a bit, then try a bit. Took me ages to appreciate the power of the synth features - didn't realise they are available for each voice... and you can have 100's of voices! Hopefully the old forum users will rejoin so there's a huge knowledge base to tap. Have fun.

#3 2014-11-18 00:00:51

DUBTEMPLE

studiollama wrote:

I just bought an Emu Ultra E6400 with removable hard drive and 128mb RAM. So far I'm loving it, sounds great. I am only beginning to get my head round the dark arts of sampling

Hi, welcome, and congrats with the Ultra, such nice machine's, don't ask me to much, as I am a total rookie to, just bougt two E5000 Ultra, (one for spare),.

I posted some links elsewhere about the basics here: http://samplersonacid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7 and is digging more, (will try to gather them somehow later)

Youtube have some nice ones also, well worth to check out,..

#4 2014-11-21 13:48:33

studiollama

Thanks guys, I'm loving the sound of it so far and actually the UI and operation isn't so difficult. I checked out the youtube vids, there is some great stuff on there..

Gareth

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer