Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-28 05:16:33

emuburner

E4X Turbo Hollywood Gold Edition

Just picked up an E4X Turbo "Hollywood Gold" edition, and have been having trouble finding information about this model. Am I correct in assuming it's an E4X Turbo that came just extra sample CD's? Or are there some hardware differences? The current OS version is 3.00, can I upgrade this model to the 4.61 version of EOS? Thanks.

#2 2015-05-04 00:57:56

emuburner

Re: E4X Turbo Hollywood Gold Edition

So far this is what I've found out about this sampler. It's basically an E4X Turbo that came fully loaded. It requires a 2MB Flash RAM upgrade to update past the 3.00b version of EOS. So if you want to get version 4.10 or above installed, good luck finding the right Flash RAM SIMM. Also, if you're like me and just assumed you could take the Flash RAM out of another E-mu sampler and plop it in, make sure that you're grabbing a Flash RAM SIMM from a Classic series as there's a CPU difference between the Classic and Ultra series and the bootloader is contained on the Flash RAM SIMM.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer