Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-15 06:13:53

Vibrodelic

MIDI at first it worked then it didnt - what am I doing wrong ?!?!?!?!

I recently found and bought a like new  - my first - E4XT Ultra with the standard 128m 3G HD and EOS 4.02. as soon as I got it I hooked it up to my daughters little casio piano with midi out & started playing the piano sample on the E4XT Ultra - my favorite was the octave piano for honky tonk licks. then I decided to change the setting on her piano to raindrops - which is my favorite on her casio, and layer the 2 sounds through my stereo mixer. As soon as I changed the sound on her piano it sent some sort of midi signal to the E4XT and it quit working and the midi light quit flickering. I did everything to try and get it to work again to no avail. Today I down loaded the regular non ultra E4XT pdf, the only one I could find on the net, and started sorting things out midi wise. for 2 days now I cannot get it to track the casio keyboard anymore, and I have tried virtually everything. the audition button on the E4 works so I know the sound is there & I have tried to change the midi back to normal every which way possible and still cannot get the E4 to fire.. so what am I doing wrong ? I have done everything the manual says to do - what am I missing ?? signed; kornfused & frustrated. ps would like to get a copy of EOS 4.7 or 4.72 if and the pre load disk that is needed to ready the E4 ultra for loading up the 4.7? EOS - if someone could make me a copy - that would be 'really swell' or point me in the direction I can get both disks in the USA !!

#2 2015-02-15 09:16:09

philtipping
Administrator

Re: MIDI at first it worked then it didnt - what am I doing wrong ?!?!?!?!

If the MIDI light is definitely not flickering, then MIDI isn't getting to the E4 so I'd check physical MIDI connections first. Have just double-checked my E5000 with different channels & different modes (Master, Midi, Mode) and none of them stop the light flickering when a key is pressed on the remote keyboard.
As cube48 said on other thread, it was probably a Program Change from the piano which has switched presets on the E4, so to stop this happening in future, press Master, Midi, Prefs2 and turn off Recv Program Change.

#3 2015-02-15 09:56:19

Vibrodelic

I have checked and rechecked everything 2 dozen times I've been keyboard player using midi since its inception and a sound engineer for over 30 yrs , so I know to check mechanical connections first and foremost -- I already took care of the program change stuff, and yes that is what it did it sent program change info but the midi keyboard wont make the emu fire anymore, and i have changed midi cords and brought out another keyboard and have set everything to midi channel one omni mode and nothing happens and no midi light flickers -- something weird is going on - I'm wondering if it wiped out the midi input receiver electrically ??? or is it something simple that I'm missing, as I dont know my way around this beast at all .. that's why i'm asking, I've never had this problem in 30 years of using midi gear !?!?!?!

#4 2015-02-15 10:42:42

philtipping
Administrator

Ok - didn't know the full history icon_smile That's why I double-checked the MIDI light behaviour - didn't believe it myself. If the E4 is similar to E5000, no light means no MIDI regardless of config. But you've tried another keyboard and another cable so I'm out of ideas.

#5 2015-02-16 13:57:22

Francisf

Have you tried using the MIDI THRU port on the EMU as an IN?
You could also try sending EMU sounds out via its MIDI OUT port, just to see if there's any MIDI activity at all.

#6 2015-05-12 11:15:02

philtipping
Administrator

Vibrodelic wrote:

...cannot get the E4 to fire.. so what am I doing wrong ? I have done everything the manual says to do - what am I missing ??

Did you get it going in the end? What was the solution?

#7 2015-05-12 16:26:40

Vibrodelic

I LEFT IT OFF AND UNPLUGGED FROM ELECTRIC SOCKET FOR A WEEK OR SO - AND THEN PLUGGED IT BACK IN AND IT STARTED WORKING PROPERLY AGAIN .. I NEVER FOUND OUT WHAT THE CAUSE WAS ..

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer