Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-03 01:16:40

pauldirks

E4k front panel- help me troubleshoot

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I was a light user on the old emusonacid forum - first time posting here. I have an E4k with a number of problems. Not sure when the problems started- I have lightly dropped it (thought I saved it pretty well with my feet- a small bump), and also flipped some of the connectors at times when I opened up the unit (don't think this should damage anything though?) I also resoldered a wire from the LCD power connector from to left front panel board. So the LCD screen is working fine now. However...

1. The front panel buttons do not work. The one exception is the 2nd assignable button, which seems to cycle through the FX and midi controllers- which sounds like it is switching function with the "Controller/FX" button. An attached ASCI keyboard works fine.

2. Outputs via all jacks do not works including headphones.

Everything else appears fine- LCD, hard drive. Diagnostic tests don't seem to show problems. Multimeter on the power supply reveals good power.

Again, any ideas are most welcome!

Paul

#2 2016-02-05 17:55:10

philtipping
Administrator

Re: E4k front panel- help me troubleshoot

I can only sympathise Paul, although knowing how heavy these things are, your phrase "I have lightly dropped it" must be quote of the year icon_smile Not much to suggest apart from re-seating all connectors, which you've probably done anyway. The front panel connector is an obvious candidate. Some PCBs are earthed via their fastening bolts, certainly on the motherboard, so maybe check/retighten these. Not sure if the output jacks are mounted directly on the motherboard (mine are racked so can't look inside), but if they are and they've all stopped working, maybe the motherboard did shift a bit when it dropped.
Good luck and let us know if you fix it.

#3 2016-02-05 22:16:12

pauldirks

Re: E4k front panel- help me troubleshoot

Yeah- the "lightly dropped" sounded funny when I wrote it too- but mostly true. It slowly slid off a low table, I am almost caught it before it fell, and I was able to get both feet underneath it when it hit the floor.

Thanks for the suggestion on the fastening bolts- I'll check those. I'll take a look again over the next couple days and see if I can find anything more.

Thanks again!
Paul

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer