Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-14 04:43:27

WaveTheory

E-6400 on EOS3.00 - no experience with the depth of these machines

Greetings -

First, I love my 6400.  the sounds I have available through the 15 cds and several JAZ tapes will keep me happy for a long time.  But I do have some questions:

I tried upgrading the EOS using the "preparation" disc, but it crashed everything and I was fortunate enough to have a 3.0 disc available...  Is the E-6400 (NOT an Ultra) up-gradable past 3.0?  And:

Is there a real advantage to upgrading past 3.0?  Will it recognize files on my cds and jaz tapes that it won't now?

Where can I find additional cds to complete my collection and maximize this tool?  I read about zip files available but I've not been able to successfully convert and transfer any to the E-6400...

Dumb questions, perhaps.  But not as dumb as never having asked...

Thanks in advance to any and all responses!

#2 2016-02-21 08:00:38

RobGee

Re: E-6400 on EOS3.00 - no experience with the depth of these machines

Hello, there wasn't a great deal of difference between EOS 3 and 4 going from memory (it's been a while). The main differences were that EOS 4 has extra LFO waveforms (17 in total), a non realtime filter in the sample edit tools and possibly a few extra sample import formats. They are nice improvements but don't make the world of difference.

You will require 2MB of CPU Flash to upgrade from EOS 3-4, you can see if you have this in the master section of your sampler. These can be hard to come by if not already installed, although they do come up from time to time.

Non Ultras can upgrade to 4.62, Ultras can upgrade to 4.7. The biggest upgrade for most people was that 4.7 added FAT file system support and realtime resonance modulation via midi cc but as previously stated this requires an Ultra model.

As for the CDs and jazz tapes, what format are they in? Here is a link to the EOS 4 manual, it will let you know what sample formats are available for import.

http://www.deepsonic.ch/deep/docs_manua … manual.pdf

#3 2016-02-21 18:26:26

MadGav

A potential killer feature of EOS 4, depending on usage, is a shorter minimum attack time.

#4 2016-03-05 23:25:15

RobGee

MadGav wrote:

A potential killer feature of EOS 4, depending on usage, is a shorter minimum attack time.

Really? It's been a while since I've used EOS 3 but I'm fairly sure there's no difference in the envelope settings, attack or otherwise.

https://nonaudio.wordpress.com/emulator … or-iv-eos/

Version 4.01 “Ultracize” This release takes the Emulator 4 range up to Ultra software status with lots of new features. For non-Ultra samplers it is called “Classic”. EOS 4.xx is provided with all Ultra samplers.

Faster Loading and Saving
Support for Importing EMU ESI4000 Samples via SCSI
Ability to Import Akai S-3000 Format Banks
Improved Akai S-1000 Sample Library Support. All four layers are now read.
Reads and Writes .WAV and AIFF Files via Floppy Drive
Supports up to 18 GB Hard Drives
Hard Drive Sleep Mode (to sleep noisy hard drives)
2 New DSP Tools (Bit Convert and Phase Linear Filter)
6 Additional Patchcords per Voice
New LFO Waveforms
Better PC Compatibility via SCSI
Support for the ADAT I/O
Improved MIDI Response Time
Improved Looping Capabilities
Improvements to the Sequencer PC/Mac based preset editing

Last edited by RobGee (2016-03-05 23:38:24)

#5 2016-03-06 20:00:14

MadGav

RobGee wrote:

Really? It's been a while since I've used EOS 3 but I'm fairly sure there's no difference in the envelope settings, attack or otherwise.

Really really! It was a major reason I had my E4K upgraded back in the day. The only give-away is the setting to enable legacy behaviour.

#6 2016-03-09 04:54:46

RobGee

Where's that setting?

MadGav wrote:
RobGee wrote:

Really really! It was a major reason I had my E4K upgraded back in the day. The only give-away is the setting to enable legacy behaviour.

#7 2016-03-09 19:10:51

MadGav

Master / Setup / Tune / Synth Attack

fast or legacy

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer