Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-17 20:19:14

hunted

SSD drive problem

Hi all

I own a Emu E6400 ultra sampler with a modified SSD drive

Unfortunately whats happening when the machine has been on for a while the icon for the SSD drive disappears, making it problematic when wanting to save a session:/

Is it a problem you have come across before and also would it be something that can fix ?

Best

#2 2015-08-25 12:41:51

cube48

Re: SSD drive problem

I used to have this problem with swappable SATA HDD before. In my case the problem was in the loose power connector of the HDD. It was randomly disconnecting the drive. Not physically, just a tiny connection loss within the white connector itself. I ended up connecting it to a FDD power pins on the MB as the male connector was in better shape then the original HDD one. I've also hot-glued the connection lightly to make sure it's not getting disconnected. No issues since then. I've also upgraded to SDD later btw.

#3 2016-08-01 04:17:12

Askesnaske

Sorry to revive an old threat. But does any of you know if the SAK-65 IDE to SATA transformer -> SSD drive - will work in non-ultra emulator models? The E6400 for example? Thanks

#4 2016-10-18 05:14:29

drayon

Askesnaske wrote:

Sorry to revive an old threat. But does any of you know if the SAK-65 IDE to SATA transformer -> SSD drive - will work in non-ultra emulator models? The E6400 for example? Thanks

Classic's only have SCSI, no ATA so there's a SCSI to SATA 3.5' box the size of a hard drive with a connection for a 2.5" SSD, its the ACARD ARS-2000SUP. Search in the old Emus on Acid forum for my username, i posted details and pics of it a few years back...still using them and they work very well, fast and silient.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer