Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-23 18:00:24

Is it possible to do wavetable morphing on Emu Ultra ?

hey,

I'm trying to do on an E5000 (v4.7) basically what Xfer Serum do : wavetable morphing with a cord, using Sloop

Same technique as explain here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzJ8qocQreM

• I dumped a wave file via midi with a constant pitch note.
• I loop a cycle (100 samples for A441hz sampled @ 44100hz)
• frequency modulation is present in this sample, its total length is (for example) 1000 samples = 10 cycles.
• I make a preset for this sound, and a cord, linking ModWheel or a very slow LFO to Sloop.

I seems to works, as I can hear something like PWM.
But the cycle is to short. I'd like to obtain a bigger range, and offset the starting point to 200, 300, 400.. to 900

I don't really understand how Sloop and Sstart works, and what exact value is sent from ModWheel or the LFO.
I assume it offset the start/loop value of about 128 samples. (adding the modWheel value 0 to 127, to Start/Sloop)
I tried to add a X4gain to extend ModWheel to 512, but I'm not really sure it really works.

So,

Serum use 2048 samples wavetable, which let use more detailed waveform.
I read some threads about this subject on EMUs, but nothing saying it could be done as in serum.
The Eos documentation about Sstart and Sloop is really light, and don't really explain how it works.

I'd like to know if a coord could launch a sample at a percentage of its total length ?
Is it possible to stack many 4xGain modules to send highest offset value ?

Or any information about loop points playing is welcome,
Thanks !

Last edited by 211 (2017-07-23 18:03:18)

#2 2017-07-23 18:52:30

Re: Is it possible to do wavetable morphing on Emu Ultra ?

#3 2017-07-31 21:23:50

e64_eli wrote:

Poorman's EOS Wavetable sequencing

Assign as many samples as you wish to a group and then assign each one its own little section of the realtime cf and then set the fades so that each concurrent layer smoothly fades into the next.

Then edit the *group* cords with Modwheel - Ampxfd +/- 100% and then a LFO also to Ampxfd with a mod depth to suit your needs and then set the LFO speed to whatever.

Now this ones important, in the tuning section, voice setup set the assign group to one of the poly2 configurations because say you`ve got 64 sounds assigned to the group thats normally all of your poly gone when only 2 can be heard at any given time so the poly2 setting simply only allows for 2 notes of polyphony to be used on that group.

Then edit each *voice* set of cords (keeping well away from the group assignments, of course) to however you bloody well want - a different filter on each is good, another LFO to cutoff is good too, basically whatever you please.

When you play a note, you should now hear the LFO sweeping the wavetable. Now tweek the modwheel and you can determine what section of the wavetable you want the LFO to sweep.

I did it on 16 voices, with 16 samples of 2048 sample duration.
Longer to set up rather than offsetting start position on a single wave
Full thread here

#4 2017-08-04 17:23:08

CF3

Also, there's this...

http://samplersonacid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=80

Really helpful as a starting point. Pre made perfect single-cycle loops in EOS format.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer