Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-19 00:40:41

Mastropiero

E-mu disc format specification

Hi,

I'm writing a new tool (for personal usage) to access proprietary E-mu drives (both physical and virtual discs) to manage EOS soundbanks on a computer when FAT32 is not an option.

However, I haven't been able to find any specification or docs describing the disc and file structure. As I could check by using a HEX editor, the header written at sector 0 is 'EMU3' so we can assume that format is the same for both EIII and EIV family; but it isn't.  Opening the drive with the excellent EXMP tool (which was mainly designed for pre-EOS samplers) fails with a "Bank is invalid or corrupt" error.  The same disk image can be open on Extreme Sample Converter, though.

Any ideas?  Does anyone have the file format specification for E3/E4 samplers?

Thanks

#2 2019-06-27 16:36:29

RobGee

Re: E-mu disc format specification

Mastropiero wrote:

Hi,

I'm writing a new tool (for personal usage) to access proprietary E-mu drives (both physical and virtual discs) to manage EOS soundbanks on a computer when FAT32 is not an option.

However, I haven't been able to find any specification or docs describing the disc and file structure. As I could check by using a HEX editor, the header written at sector 0 is 'EMU3' so we can assume that format is the same for both EIII and EIV family; but it isn't.  Opening the drive with the excellent EXMP tool (which was mainly designed for pre-EOS samplers) fails with a "Bank is invalid or corrupt" error.  The same disk image can be open on Extreme Sample Converter, though.

Any ideas?  Does anyone have the file format specification for E3/E4 samplers?

Thanks

Hi, you may be better asking in one of these groups as they’re more active.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Emulato … ?ref=share

https://www.facebook.com/groups/348204318721/?ref=share

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer