Samplers on ACiD

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-15 12:48:59

Discarga
Administrator

E4K tactiel switch replacement from Digikey

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/e … s=sw405-nd

Just successfully replaced all the tactile switches on one of my E4K's with the ones from the above link. After having spent many years with it's previous owner in a heavy smoker environment, the machine is now again almost like the day it left the shop.

Probably this switch also works with all the other E4's.

#2 2015-02-15 20:24:56

alien_brain

Re: E4K tactiel switch replacement from Digikey

try deoxit before replacing buttons.  worked well for me on similar buttons on asrx

#3 2015-02-22 19:24:32

Ingwe

I currently have an E5000 which is unusable due to a bad F6 button.

How difficult is it to disassemble the front panel and clean these buttons? I have had the top panel off of the sampler but have not taken apart the front panel. Is it self-explanatory or will I need a service manual to figure it out? Also if completely replacing the buttons do I need to desolder/resolder?

Thanks for any help! It would be great to use this sampler again!

#4 2015-02-23 01:18:45

alien_brain

its not too difficult.  just spray it in the openings of the switch.  if youre replacing a switch, then yes, youll need to desolder resolder.  how else would you do it?  hope that helped

#5 2015-02-27 08:44:48

babele

Ingwe wrote:

I currently have an E5000 which is unusable due to a bad F6 button.

How difficult is it to disassemble the front panel and clean these buttons? I have had the top panel off of the sampler but have not taken apart the front panel. Is it self-explanatory or will I need a service manual to figure it out? Also if completely replacing the buttons do I need to desolder/resolder?

Thanks for any help! It would be great to use this sampler again!

You can just use a simple QWERTY keyboard, at least until you replace the switch.

#6 2015-02-27 13:37:34

alien_brain

assuming you have the ascii option

#7 2015-02-28 22:18:49

Ingwe

Which I don't. The DWAM board seems impossible to find these days.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer